WHAT IS Social Accountability International – SA8000?
Social Accountability International (SAI) is a non-governmental, multi-stakeholder organization whose mission is to advance the human rights of workers around the world. It partners to advance the human rights of workers and to eliminate sweatshops by promoting ethical working conditions, labor rights, corporate social responsibility and social dialogue. SAI established one of the world’s preeminent social standards the SA8000 standard for decent work, a tool for implementing international labor standards. Many more workplaces are involved in programs using SA8000 and SAI programs as guides for improvement.
- Enable companies to develop and implement effective labour practices
- Enhance long term relationships between the company and its stakeholders
- Achieve international standard and enhance credibility
- Generate positive sentiment for the company and its products
- Reduce the number of second party audits of suppliers