What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is an international standard related to quality management, applicable to any organization from all types of business sectors and activities.
It is based on eight quality management principles (all fundamental to good business practices):
• Customer focus
• Involvement of people
• Process approach
• System approach to management
• Continual improvement
• Fact based decision-making
• Mutually beneficial supplier relationships
Who can use ISO 9001 QMS?
ISO 9001 is applicable to any organization – irrespective of their size or geographical location. One of the major strengths of ISO 9001 is its wider appeal for all types of organizations. Because it focuses on processes and customer satisfaction rather than procedures, it is equally applicable to service providers as well as manufacturers.
Why is ISO 9001 important for your business?
Successful companies are driven to deliver quality – from the way they operate, to the customer service standards they establish and the products they deliver. This is a strategic vision to improve brand equity and image and ensure they are better equipped to win new opportunities in an increasingly competitive global marketplace.
ISO 9001 QMS provides the infrastructure, procedures, processes and resources needed to help organizations to monitor and improve their performance to drive efficiencies, client service and product excellence.
• Proves your commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
• Ensures your products and services effectively meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
• Allows you to measure your progress towards continual improvement of business performance creating a benchmark
• Helps improve your organizational performance
• Competitive advantage over the competitors
Why should my organization implement ISO 9001?
Customers are the lifeblood of any business! To keep customers – and to keep them satisfied – your product or service must meet their requirements. ISO 9001 provides a framework for taking a systematic approach to managing your business processes to meet those requirements.